Saturday, April 23, 2016

Revelation 22:1-5 comments: they shall see His face


1 ¶  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Here, we have pure and clear together again. Remember the reference to the water of life in the last chapter.

Revelation 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

You can see by this verse that that verse was not a metaphor. Here, this water of life proceeds physically from God and Christ as it does spiritually in other places. Remember previous verses in the Bible?

John 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

2  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Again, these appear, by the way they are written, to be literal things, a river and now, the tree of life. Not a tree of life but the tree of life.

Genesis 2:9  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: …24  So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Revelation 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Those people living on the earth, in eternity, must be healed, restored. This constant adjustment and medicine only available from God must permit people with physical bodies to live forever. In our current reality the physical universe is constantly adjusted by God through bursts of energy every moment that atheistic materialists call particles; photons, quarks, the Higgs-Boson, etc. etc. These unseen particles are non-existent entities used to explain the unseen causes of events that are measureable for the atheist mind, but without God. However, even many scientists do not believe in them as being real entities but only having explanatory power, and even that is questionable. And, although they certainly would not agree with me or my faith in God, I recommend reading science philosophers Paul Feyerabend’s Against Method, Ian Hacking’s Representing and Intervening and Nancy Cartwright’s How the Laws of Physics Lie to understand this and also to understand that there is no such thing as Science if you regard that concept as a monolithic standard of modernity, truth, and consensus.

The curse placed on Adam and his progeny shall be removed and we will be without sin. We will see God face to face and His name will be in us. His ownership and possession of us will be complete.

God will be our light and we will reign over whatever He is going to place under our authority for eternity.

Matthew 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

John 12:26  If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

We were promised a new name.

Revelation 2:17  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 14:1 ¶  And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

No comments: