Saturday, September 5, 2009

Memorable Quote from a book I'm reading.

From the out of print book which cost me $80 to get a copy of entitled "Selous Scouts Top Secret War" by Lt. Col. Ron Reid Daly as told to Peter Stiff.
Page 84, paragraph 2

"Certainly, I can categorically say now, I have nothing but the utmost admiration for the African soldier, and this includes many of the so-called tame* terrorists I later commanded, who proved to be fine soldiers indeed, and I shall always count myself as fortunate, and I am certainly proud, to have commanded them."

*These were former communist guerrillas who chose to join the Rhodesian Army to fight their former comrades. They had every opportunity to escape and were always armed and could have killed their black and white Rhodesian comrades but that only happened ONE time.

No comments: