Exodus
14:15 ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses,
Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go
forward: 16 But lift thou up thy rod,
and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of
Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea. 17 And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of
the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon
Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
18 And the Egyptians shall know that I
am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and
upon his horsemen. 19 And the angel of
God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and
the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:
20 And it came between the camp of the
Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but
it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all
the night.
God
commands Moses to raise the rod in his hand and hold it out towards the sea.
There are two northern arms of the Red Sea. On the west is the Gulf of Suez and
on the right is the Gulf of Aqaba separated by the Sinai Peninsula. Some
commentators have the Hebrews crossing the Gulf of Suez while others have them
traversing across the Sinai Peninsula to get to the Gulf of Aqaba and crossing
there into what is now Saudi Arabia which is questionable to me. The Gulf of
Suez makes more sense as the Sinai Peninsula would be to its east.
The
angel of God now moves from His position of leading the children of Israel to
getting in between them and the Egyptian army. To the Egyptians He was darkness
but to the Israelites He gave light. God does give light now to those who will
believe but confounds the minds of those who will not, casting them into the
darkness they desire.
Isaiah 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will
bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I
spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in
which I delighted not.
2Thessalonians 2:11 And for
this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who
believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

No comments:
Post a Comment