Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mark 14:15-18 comments: a furnished room


15  And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us. 16  And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. 17  And in the evening he cometh with the twelve. 18  And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.

 

For those who believed in closed communion then let me just say that Jesus permitted a devil to celebrate the Lord’s Supper with Him (John 6:70). Judas was allowed to be with the disciples. Let every man examine himself.

 

1Corinthians 11:28  But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

 

Notice that this large upper room is furnished and prepared. I am reminded of another place that is being prepared.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

 

Among the definition of mansions are a place to live and a furnished apartment inside of a large manor house. In the Father’s house are many of those, like the room the Jewish husband-to-be would build on his father’s house to receive his bride, I was told. The building would stop when the bridegroom’s father told the bridegroom to go get his bride. I can’t verify the truth of this scenario but it is interesting.

 

We who have trusted Christ are the Temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 6:19). We are God’s house in this time. In the House of God that Solomon built there were rooms built around as well.

 
1Kings 6:5 And against the wall of the house he built chambers round about, against the walls of the house round about, both of the temple and of the oracle: and he made chambers round about:

No comments: